Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 1 and Day 2

So I officially started yesterday, Jan. 1, 2014.  I didn't have a crazy night on New Year's Eve so it was easy to get up and start my day in a positive way.

Day 1
I made sautéed spinach and tomatoes, fried eggs and sausage for breakfast.  The ground pork was local and I added spices to it to make the sausage.  I also had a couple cups of black coffee.  I drink my coffee black most of the time so that was no big deal.



We also had a small bowl of fresh pineapple.

We snacked on an apple and almond butter later in the day.  Breakfast had been late so we weren't that hungry.

For dinner I made hamburger patties from local beef.  I also sautéed mushrooms and onions in ghee.  I roasted some sweet potatoes and steamed some broccoli.  It was good.  I missed having some A-1 on my burger, and of course some cheese melted on there would have been great.
(I didn't get a photo of that meal).

Before bed I usually have a glass of milk (and sometimes a cookie!).  Instead I had half a banana, some almonds, and coconut flakes all mixed up in a small bowl.  I think this is known as Monkey Salad.

So, I am probably overdoing it on the fruit.  I eat a lot of fruit most of the time anyway but I am getting my sugar that way.  I'll see if that changes or what.

Day 2

Breakfast:  2 hard boiled eggs, small bowl of pineapple and strawberries.  Coffee.

Went to CrossFit at 11:30.  Had a good work out. (The 44 lb kettle bell is my new friend) Post work out I had an Epic bar, turkey flavor.  It was sort of weird but okay.  And an apple.  I made a trip to the grocery and then home for lunch.

Lunch: Leftover burger, mushrooms and sweet potatoes.  Fresh guacamole, raw broccoli and carrots.  Seltzer water.

Afternoon: 2 cups of black tea and 1/4 of a blueberry RX bar, while working in the studio.

Dinner:  I made a Mexican soup for dinner using this recipe as a guide. I basically cut that recipe in half.   I used 2 chicken breasts that I had in the fridge, one sweet potato and used boxed chicken stock.  It was really nice with some fresh avocado and cilantro to top it off.


My plan is to cook enough at dinner to have leftovers for lunch the next day.  So far I'm not cooking quite enough to do that.  I should have made more soup tonight.  We do have some leftover for tomorrow but I should have made more b/c we both wanted seconds tonight.  I'm learning.

I had monkey salad again after dinner tonight.

Okay, so that's Days 1 and 2.  I'll try and keep up with things a bit better from here on out.  Every post won't be this long and I'll try and remember an take more pics.  

Feeling good so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment