Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 Whole 30

Today was great.  I got lots of work done in the studio, sold some pots online and out of the showroom, had a good workout, made 3 decent meals and just feet better all around.

Nine more days!  That seems like nothing.

For Breakfast I made skillet baked eggs.   First I cooked some sausage in the frying pan and removed it to a paper towel to drain.  I then sautéed 1/2 an onion, some red bell pepper, and a couple cloves of garlic.  Once the onion and pepper had softened I added about 6 cups of spinach and kale and let that cook down. I then added the sausage back into the pan and stirred it all up.  I made 4 wells in the spinach, added a bit of ghee and cracked in the eggs.  Then popped the whole pan in a 400 deg oven till the eggs set.  (About 10-12 min)
That was super good and filling and I may make it again tomorrow!!

Lunch was leftovers of chicken, butternut squash, salad, and some of the cucumbers from Sunday.  I finally feel like I am eating enough food.  I need a big plate like this to get me through the afternoon.


Oh, and guacamole of course!

I had used up the last of the ghee from Trader Joe's at breakfast.  I had bought some organic butter at the grocery on Monday so I was all set to make the ghee following this method I found online.  It was totally easy and mostly hands off.
 This first pic shows the butter just after it came out of the oven.  I skimmed off the solids and had this:
 I then strained that through a cheesecloth (in my case an old tee shirt) and got the following:
Easy peazy.

For Dinner I needed to make up for the lame-o, plain fish that I cooked last night so I made Wild Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce, roasted asparagus, and roasted butternut squash.

That was flipping delicious!!  We usually have teriyaki glazed salmon but this was a really nice change and I'll be making this again next week for sure.

I got several boards of pots made in the studio today. I'll probably do a separate post on what's happening in there tomorrow.

Okay, that's it for now.  Here's to another day of the Whole 30 marked off the calendar.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment