Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19. I Needed to Get Out

I felt better today.  I'm not really over my cold but I think I'm getting better.  I'm ready for Monday to come so I can get in the studio and make some pots.  I have quite a lot to get ready for so I need to get cranking.

Sarah made us a frittata for breakfast/brunch.  It had sweet potatoes, spinach and rosemary in it.  It was very good and a nice change.  We normally have frittatas for dinner during the weekdays.  Often they will have broccoli or spinach, roasted potatoes, rosemary, onion, tomato and some sort of cheese in them.  Goat cheese or feta is a good choice.

We headed over to some friend's house to watch the Denver/New England game later in the day.  We are all doing the Whole 30 so everyone brought a dish and we drank coffee or water. I really needed to get out of the house and have some social time.  Of course we all talked about food and how we were feeling and what we would cook this week.  Ha.  Very exciting indeed.

Sarah and I took a big tossed salad and a some cilantro-lime cucumbers. Sarah made a compliant tahini-ginger dressing for the salad. Others had prepared roast pork, spicy chicken nuggets, Mexican soup, veggies, fruit, salsa and guacamole.


I've got a chicken in the oven right now along with some sweet potatoes.  We'll eat the potatoes through out the week.  The chicken is so we can have another small meal this evening and also have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  I will not let this chicken out of my sight when it comes out of the oven!

According to the Whole 30 Timeline I am supposed to be experiencing "Tiger Blood" this week.  Well it needs to kick in!  Bring it on! Come on Tiger Blood!  I'm ready baby!
Damn. Wrong Image.

Now. That's better.

It looks like I'm going to be put to the schedule to coach some classes at CFS this week.  I'm pretty excited.  Of course I'm nervous too, but the sooner I get in there and get started the more I'll learn and more comfortable I'll get.

Okay.  That's it for now.  I'll try to keep up this week with daily posts.  Have a good week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment