Sunday, January 19, 2014

Don't Blink. Catching Up Part 2.

Wednesday evening I started teaching over at Cleveland Community College.  I have a Continuing Ed class of Intro. to Pottery.  The college got all new wheels and electric kilns a couple years ago so it's really cool to get in there and teach a class.  Consequently, CCC is where I took my first pottery class back in 1992.

In planning to be away for that evening I roasted a chicken that afternoon.  I wanted to get that all sorted so that Sarah would have dinner when she got home from work and so I could have some before I left to teach.  So I got the chicken all cooked.  I make a really nice roasted chicken.  It's one of our favorite meals.  I broke the chicken down, taking all the meat off the bones and putting it in a container.  I had to go out to the studio for something and was out of the house for about 5 minutes tops.  When I walked back in the house I saw Karma standing in the kitchen with the container of chicken on the floor beside her.  Not a morsel of chicken in sight.  She had knocked it off the counter and eaten that whole fracking thing in a matter of minutes.


So, what could I do.  Nothing.  It was as much my fault for leaving it there so I just cursed a bit and ignored her until I got over it.  I texted Sarah to let her know she'd be on her own for dinner.

Pottery class went great by the way and I'm looking forward to the next 9 weeks of class.  I have some rank beginners, and some with experience.  It's a good mix and I love to teach so I can't wait to get back in there.

So basically that catches me up.  My breakdown yesterday has passed.  I still want a pizza but I figure I just have to do this thing meal but meal until it's over.  We are getting ready to go over and watch football with some folks from CrossFit and have a potluck. That will be fun.  I missed last weeks b/c I was in Atlanta.  Oh speaking of that...

I PASSED MY LEVEL 1 TEST!!!!!  Yay,  I have to say I was a bit nervous.  The test was challenging but I knew a lot of it.  I was so happy to get my email on Thursday night telling me I had passed the course and could now coach.  I think I'll be getting put on the schedule over the next couple weeks at CFS.  It's a whole new experience for me, but I am really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment