Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 8

God it feels like Day 18, but whatever.  Day 8 was actually good.  Normal.  Not crazy.  I am ready for this to be over though.  Sheez.  Okay, so here's the rundown.

Breakfast: Same ingredients different way.  Sarah made us a spinach and tomato omelet, sausage and avocado.

After breakfast Karma and I went on a walk.

We visited the goats at the livestock yard.  They were curious as usual.  (No goat stew remarks).

Had a good 11:30 workout at CrossFit.  Loads of rowing.  I got 25 double-unders in row today, that's my new record.  

Lunch:  Pretty much a repeat of yesterday.  Big salad with hamburger.  I cooked several burgers the other day.  The best way I like to reheat leftover meat (beef, chicken, pork) is usually to do so in a pan or steam it.  I don't usually reheat meat in the microwave b/c it seems to make it weird.  Steaming burgers is a good way to go.


I really wanted some cheese today.  

Work in the studio went well.  I packed up some stuff to go to a show and also made a small run of pots.  Some of these are for mid-range glazes that I am moving forward with.  Hopefully get them through the kiln next week.  

I'm totally wanting to start working with a new clay body.  I need something with a bit more character than this smooth clay.  I may mix up a small batch soon.  Too many ideas, so little time.

I had a snack around 4pm of the leftover Paleo Nuggets from last night and some cold cooked broccoli that was in the fridge.  (I bombed it all with some Frank's Hot Sauce but that was after I took the picture)


Man, I hope I start seeing some physical results from this Whole 30 in the next couple days.  I mean, yes, I feel okay.  But not really that much different than I normally do.  My sleep hasn't been any better and my energy seems about the same.  I need to make it through my training this weekend. If I can do that then maybe I'll be okay.  I'm pretty bored though.  Maybe we just need to get our Direct TV back.  Hell, I don't know.

Anyhow, here's

Dinner:  I got these super hoss organic breasts at Trader Joe's on Monday.  Cooked them tonight following the recipe for Coconut & Almond Crusted Chicken.

 
Dang, these things were huge!  Sarah and I split one and made a big salad to go along with it.  The other one can be somebodies leftover tomorrow for lunch.  They were good and I'd recommend that recipe but really I'd been just as happy pan frying them without the crust.

Usually on Wednesday evenings we'd have gone to Dragonfly and had some wine and hung out with friends.  Now, it's pretty much 9pm and I'm ready for bed.  
Hell, before this I thought I didn't have much of a social life.  On this Whole 30 I'm realizing I had more than I thought.  I'm ready to have it back.

Okay. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Ron I'm with you on starting it in the Spring but look at it this way, we will be 30 days lighter by Spring. Think good thoughts. Good Luck on your test this weekend.

    ReplyDelete