Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9 Whole 30 Challenge

Okay this is going to be quick b/c it's almost 9pm and I still have pots to glaze and stuff to pack up and ship out tomorrow.

Breakfast:  Something NEW.  Finally.  We modified this recipe a bit to make it Whole 30. (So no bacon, and ghee instead of butter). It was quite good.  I used the julienne blade on the food processor to slice Brussels sprouts.


Sarah added a baked sweet potato to her meal.  She feels like having a couple sweet potatoes a day is really helping her.

Lunch:  I had to run some errands before lunch and when I got home I really just wanted some French fries.  But I toughed it out and ate what was in the fridge.  Leftover burger, steamed green beans, some leftover Brussels hash from breakfast, tomatoes, and a few carrots.  That was fine and I just said, "Okay, done. Go to work. Don't think about food."

I had a bunch of pots to finish up today and it was good to knock them out and get them slipped.   Here are a few images of freshly slipped small dishes.  Ah, if only that was chocolate or a cheesecake. 




For Dinner: I made us a big pot of soup.  I modified this recipe (no beans, no cheese, and I added shredded cooked chicken breast).  I made a super big pot so we'd have leftovers.


No time for anything else.  Posts may be sporadic over the next few days.  Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I find this interesting and yet wonder why we chase food as if it will change us. I just read about a guy who ate fast food for 30 days and lost 30 pounds. Fascinating. I never thought you ate unhealthy. I thought you were very balanced and thoughtful in your eating .

    ReplyDelete